New opportunities and challenges
The rise of a new generation of mobile devices paves the road to new innovative applications. Mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, already exhibit a huge attraction for end-users, but also tend to be a cornerstone in enterprise applications.
Within end-user application development, we face challenges such as interaction design, user-centrism and rapid time-to-market with frequent updates. In addition, enterprise systems require security, safety and backend service integration.
Big player - Android and iOS
With a huge market share of more than 50%, Android is now one of the main mobile operating systems. The openness of the underlying system makes the platform very attractive for phone manufacturers (such as Samsung, Motorola and HTC). In addition, those devices offer a vast spectrum of possibilities to create attractive end-users applications also explaining the increasing popularity of Android.
Moreover, one of the most interesting properties of this emerging platform is how well it is suited to be used as part of enterprise mobile solutions. In conjunction with the new Android-powered devices such as tablets, Android is the ideal candidate for building enterprise mobile solutions. Android allows the development, deployment and management of applications interacting seamlessly with backend systems with a high quality and flexibility like no other.
We develop sophisticated Android applications for both end-users and enterprise solutions. Embracing Android since the beginning, we deliver robust, target group oriented and innovative Android solutions.
We were able to gain some initial experience with native apps using version 2.x for the iPhone, which due to its new concept of use with sensory systems and touchscreen triggered a revolution in the mobile phone market. In addition to apps on the iPhone and iPad for consumers, we are being asked with increasing frequency for iPad applications for business solutions in order to easily integrate staff, especially those working in the the field (e.g. sales or technical support staff), into internal business processes.
Another stringent requirement for any website today is to be usable from mobile devices. However, due to the fragmentation of the mobile device market, this requirement is challenging to meet. In addition, the emergence of HTML 5 on mobile platforms such as iPhone, iPad and Android brings new interesting features to websites, such as geo-localization and offline browsing.
Thus, the next generation of mobile websites require more than a simple layout change: A user-centric content transformation relying on mobile device capabilities. With a deep experience in the engineering of cross-platform websites, we develop sophisticated mobile-friendly web applications. Applying HTML 5 technologies since its emergence, we deliver robust, attractive and innovative websites dealing with mobile browser fragmentation.
- Agile project management, with certified Scrum Masters
- Additional benefits in all project phases
- Expertise in application lifecycle including build process, and delivery
- Active participation in open source projects
- Integrated concept to avoid risks
- Delivery in time and on budget
Phone: +49 40 881 73-4321
- Product and solution definition with prototype
- Advice on software architecture and component selection with several domains of expertise such as Android and Mobile Web.
- Software Architecture consultancy both for project definition and for ongoing projects
- Mobile Solution development and integration in fixed or effort-based price
- Management, maintenance and evolution of existing systems
Embracing Open-Source Movement
- Active development of maven-android-plugin
- Development of Android components and frameworks to improve maintenance of Android projects